UDIO.60.25.L - 1.5kW (60V 25A)
First product in an anodised case showing power and data connectors
A Technical Summary is included here. We expect to have a downloadable pdf data-sheet available from here soon.
The UDIO DC-DC controllers are the first product series based on a new patented DC-DC controller topology named 'SPLIT-PI', and offer features not otherwise available in the market. UDIO stands for “Up-Down-In-Out”: these are Three Terminal (common ground), Positive Unipolar (+V in, +V out) controllers that can convert both up and down (Boost and Buck) AND pass full current both forward and backwards (Source or Sink), all seamlessly under software or conventional analogue control.
They will be available at rated power levels from 1.5kW upwards, and are principally useful as a low voltage (<100V) DC PM motor controllers, standard 'OEM' programmable power supplies, and in Green Energy control. Main features are:
- Very high efficiency >98% at max rated voltage and current, 99%+ typical mid loads
- Output voltage seamlessly from 0 to 2 times input voltage (0-n (where n<5) by special order)
- Bi-lateral current control: current can flow in either direction through the converter, allowing regenerative braking in motor controls, and charge balancing in battery systems. There is a natural 'voltage source' characteristic with low (typ 15mOhm) apparent output impedance.
- Multi-option digital and analogue control, isolated current loop, RS232 (via adaptor), digital ‘pot’, analogue 'pot', 0-10V and 0-5V analogue voltage. Devices are addressable and multiple units can be controlled via one isolated current loop.
- Accurate input and output voltage and current data feedback via digital ports allowing external closed loop control (on top of internal voltage source control characteristic)
Size - 50mm (W) x 50mm (H) x 328mm (L) excluding connections and heatsink
Weight - 1.5kg (NB: 1kW/kg power:mass ratio)
UDIO.60.25.L - Product Manual
For further information, technical AND sales, please contact us as per details below. We can answer most questions quickly and can send a DRAFT data-sheet with further information.
These devices have been developed by Scimar Engineering Ltd and are manufactured under licence from 3DI Power Ltd.